External File Storage allows you to choose how to store the attached files for each of the creatio sections.
This setting is configured in the [Default file storage] lookup. You can select one of the following storage types:
- [Database] – storage of files directly in the database, associated with the application creatio;
- [File system] – storage of files to the file system on the creatio application server;
- [Microsoft OneDrive] – storage of files to the cloud service Microsoft OneDrive;
- [Google Drive] – storage of files to the cloud service Google Drive;
- [Dropbox] – storage of files to the cloud service Dropbox.
Figure 6 – [Default file storage] lookup
Note. Files attached to the records of partitions for which the configuration is not configured in the [Default file storage] lookup, saved in the application server’s file system.
When adding files to the [Attachments] detail, for each of the entries the storage icon is displayed depending on the type:
- – database;
- – file system or cloud service.